Mt. Soledad





We went for a drive on Saturday and Rick took me up to Mt. Soledad. I think that I read somewhere that is the highest point in San Diego. This is the view you get from up there. Its awesome! The huge cross is on top of the hill and it is a memorial to all of the soldiers. The wall around the cross has names and pictures of the men and women who have died. It is such a great memorial. I heard that there is a lot of controvercy over it because there isn't a separation between government/state and religion. Get over it! My heck. Its a beautiful tribute and if you don't like it, don't look at it.

3 comments:

Malea and Parx said...

I totally agree... I can't stand when people make a fuss over things like that

scott and melanie said...

I think that cross is awesome. That is a beautiful view of SD. Besides the muggy air, it's all good it's a city not a lil' SG town.

Stephanie said...

We have been wondering where you guys went I am glad to know that you are safe and nothing fbabd has happened to you!! lol It sounds like you are having great fun in San Deigo congrats and keep in touch!!!!