LonDoN bRidGe

Rick had to do a delivery so I went with him to Havasu. We stayed and had dinner on the lake. It was so cute, they had the bridge all decorated for Christmas. Not many people know that the LonDoN bRidGe in Lake Havasu is the actual original London Bridge. It was built in 1831 and wasn't structurally sound enough to hold the weight of the traffic so it was sold to some rich oil guy and he put it in Lake Havasu in 1968 to make the city more of a tourist attraction. Just in case anyone was interested in that little bit of history.

1 comment:

ShaeMarie and Ryan said...

Oh my gosh...I never knew that! Very interesting fact, thank you for sharing! I think you two are such a cute couple and you are always doing such fun things! I'm sorry to hear about your tree, but the finished product looks great! Happy Holidays!