Mom, dAd.... id LiKe yOu to mEet hAyEs

As first introductions go with an 11 mOnTh oLd, this one was common. I pulled Hayes from his car seat and handed him straight to my dad while I helped Kastle get out of the car. Only to return to a crying baby. He was not impressed. It took a little bit of warming up, but by the next day he was a fan of Grandpa Kelly and his games of peek-a-boo

My parents have been serving an LDS mission in the Marshall Islands for the last 11 months. They flew out of the country the day after Hayes was born. They have seen him on skype, but got to finally meet our sweet guy this weekend. My parents were sent home so that my mom could get some much needed medical attention. She was bitten by a mosquito and got chikungunya, 
 which is very similar to malaria. She has been so sick by this and in so much pain in her joints. She has frozen shoulder from it and so the mission president decided finally that it was time for her to come home for treatment. We got to go visit over the 4th of July weekend and I was so glad to see my parents and introduce them to their newest {11 month old} grandson.

No comments: