iNtrOduCinG...... hAyeS rIcK tRimMeR









Our sweet boy finally made his appearance, 1 day early (almost 2). hAyeS rIcK trImMeR was born on August 2, 2014 at 1:21 am - Due date Aug 3rd. Measuring 7 lbs 11 oz 21 in
We could not be more excited. Great Grandma and Grandpa Benson, Grandma and Grandpa Prisbrey and big brother Kastle were all at the hospital to greet you. Grandma and Grandpa Waldron were woken up to tell them of your arrival. They had to stay home to pack for their 2 year mission in the Marshall Islands.
When the doctor held you up Kastle said that we should name you "Skeleton".

Your Birth Story:
I had been timing contraction since 3:30 pm on Friday Aug 1st. At 7:00pm my contractions were 4 1/2 mins apart so we loaded up and headed over to drop Kastle off with grammy and gramp Benson. I had been dilated to a 3 and 70% effaced at my appointment on Wednesday so we were hoping for some great progress. The nurse checked me at 7:15pm and I was a 3 and 80% effaced. NOT good enough. By then my contractions were still very strong and long, but 7-8 minutes apart. I wanted to get up and get moving to try and get things going again. The nurse said go ahead and we will check again at 8:15.
We made a lap and dad was not convinced that you were coming so we asked the nurse (who had been a nurse for 12 years) and she said "this baby is not coming tonight" to go home and go to sleep and come back when contractions are 2-3 mins apart for 1 hour. Then she offered me a Loratab or ambien to help me sleep and relax. WHAT??? Im sorry I thought that was so weird, 1st because I would never take any of that while pregnant and 2nd what if I went into labor doped up on ambien? No thank you.
We left the hospital and went back to pick up Kastle and headed home. Rick got Kastle into bed while I walked around having much stronger contractions {that were totally back to being 4 1/2 mins apart} and totally in my back. I thought I was going to die. I am not a fan ;) I also didnt realize that the horrible pressure in my bum was actually the "urge to push" {not having this baby tonight my eye}. So after short deliberation I called the nurse to tell her that I wanted to come back, she gave me the same information. Rick was standing by what she had said so that we didnt have to go just sit at the hospital all night long. We were just about to really get into the "discussion" when I got on my hands and knees to try and handle the next contraction and my water broke. Thank you baby boy!
Rick told his mom and dad to come down from New Harmony and quickly got sleeping Kastle out of his bed and back into the car. We dropped him back to grammy Jackie and went to the hospital. Not an hour later I was dilated to a 6 and fully effaced. I thought for sure I was going to have to have him in the intake room. I could not emphasize more to the nurses that I really needed the epidural. The anesthesiologist was in a C section and would be in shortly. I got to my room to find out that the epidural was not on its way and that the doctor was not able to come. A sweet sweet angel of a nurse luckily got a hold of another anesthesiologist that had just left the hospital and was on his way home. He quickly became my best friend.
I was dilating, but not fast enough for our liking so the doctor ordered pitocin as well.
I knew exactly when I was completely dilated because I had the shakes and was nauseated with every contraction. I had Jackie go ask the nurse if I could push so that we could move this show along. I heard 2 other babies be born while I was waiting. I was ready to meet this little guy.
Nurses came in and the Dr was close behind. I pushed 3 times through the 1 contraction and they had me stop, you were right there. Everyone could see all your black hair. 1 more small push and there you were.
Quick and easy {I can say that now} Your name choices were Gaines, Hayes and Force. Mom made the final decision. Hayes Rick Trimmer. Rick, obviously for your father, but also for his father.
We were only at the hospital for 18 hours. We could've stayed one more night because you were low on your billirubin and you didnt pass your hearing test, but we could do both tests again in a couple days and dad was going home with Kastle so I didnt want to just stay alone.

2 comments:

Stucki's said...

That totally sounds like my story with Emma. I have no idea why they would give you ambien? And I got sent home and called the hospital and then my water broke.. except I never got an epidural so that was sad! I am so glad everything went well. Hayes is such a cute name, and your baby is darling!!

Stephanie said...

I love birth stories! Glad everything went smoothly. He it's so darling.